Schrade nails it and QUAD footage?

Shrade's Rave here about "Sparks" is dead on!  I never could quite put my
finger on it, but that "mayhem" filled segue into "Sparks" has ALWAYS held a
Mt. Olympus-like position in my musical/mental rolodex.  Just this morning
as I showered for work, I had that very same clip resonating in my head.
Even vicariously, it stirs a Who-devotee's soul.  Nicely put Schrade.

>10. The crazy feedback-drenched, OX-bottomed, insanely sweet & beautiful
noise
>     intro to "Sparks" is the greatest sound my ears have yet heard.  And
they hear
>     a whole lot of music. Pete often speaks of the "one note."  This is
it, Pete.  This
>     is the note.  Mayhem.  Chaos.  Life.  The Universe.  That's the note.
When I hear
>     this symphony of feedback & power, it washes all troubles from me.  I
am saved.
>     And all this in the first minute of the bloody song !!!  Zeppellin?
Beatles?  Stones?
>     What?  Who?  WHO !  Who but The WHO !
>
>Enough for now.
>

>- - SCHRADE in Akron

I have heard a little talk about film footage of the Quadrophenia sessions.
According to my memory (I must've read it somewhere) the sessions were
filmed early on and then eventually shelved.  Does anyone know if this film
exists?  I would imagine that such footage would be priceless.  Imagine if
you will, The 'Oo recording their masterwork while at their musical peak.
The Moonie footage alone is enough to make this camper die happy!

Peace all...

"I went to the ear doctor to get me ears tested and it was very encouraging,
despite the fact that I have terrible, terrible hearing..." PT.

Jim in Chicago

is unauthorized.