Shoreline Ampitheatre -- ticket purchase

At 9:45 a.m. this morning (Sunday, June 4), I was logged on to Ticketmaster
and "on hold" via telephone.  At 10:15 a.m., the web page still stated that
tickets were not on sale for this event, despite the posted info that they
would be at 10:00 a.m.   (Yes, I kept "refreshing" the page every few
seconds.)

At around 10:20 a.m., a live person began reading all the obligatory stuff to
me on the phone.   I jumped to the chase and asked for the $153 seats for the
Shoreline show.  He said none were available!   I asked him why, since the
show just went on sale.  He didn't know.  I purchased the best seat I could
get -- section 204, row F.   An $88 ticket ($102 including those ridiculous
service charges).

Can someone please explain how all this works?   I don't go to a lot of
concerts, but I never seem to get prime seats to the ones I do go to!    I
just don't get it.   I planned my whole day around this.   Having seen prime
seats still available for shows in other cities, I figured I'd have no
problem snatching one up for this show minutes after it went on sale,
especially with the double whammy of phone/internet.   I'm wondering how I
should approach next week's Irvine Meadows show.   Do I have a snowball's
chance of getting good seats for this one?

One more thing.  I live in LA.   I've never been to Shoreline.  Can someone
tell me about this place.   Isn't the capacity around 7,000 or something?
I'm thinking maybe my seat's not so bad, but I'd like to hear from people
who've been there.