Re: Shoreline Ampitheatre -- ticket purchase

In article <22.6a97bda.266bf971@aol.com>,
    Ballou1@aol.com  writes:

> At 9:45 a.m. this morning (Sunday, June 4), I was logged on to Ticketmaster
> and "on hold" via telephone.  At 10:15 a.m., the web page still stated that
> tickets were not on sale for this event, despite the posted info that they
> would be at 10:00 a.m.   (Yes, I kept "refreshing" the page every few
> seconds.)

I was doing the same thing.  I did get through about 10:04am on the
phone, but then the automatic system wouldn't recognize any of my key
presses!  Argh!  Then when it said it was transferring me to a human
being, it hung up during the transfer and I had to call back again,
waiting about 10-15 minutes on hold before anyone answered, making it
certain I wouldn't get prime seating.

> Can someone please explain how all this works?

a) there weren't that many prime seats available.
b) ticketbastard was all fucked up in getting you connected to the
right person asap.
c) you're competing with 9 million bay area residents for something
like 100 seats, many of which are probably already reserved for
favors, brokers, etc.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,