Re: The WHO Collection

> Is this the one with The WHO written in orange-colored writing?  I have
the
 >vinyl version & even a promo poster, but not the CD version.

Yes it is.  I will warn you, though, that the sound on the CD has all the
problems associated with mid-80's CD's; little bass, extremely  harsh
treble, etc.  But in addition to the long "Magic Bus" (actually a few
seconds longer at the beginning than the MBB&B version) it also has a unique
mix of "5:15" with Roger's train noises ("shhh...shhhh") mixed up loud.  And
whatever they did in the digital remastering, the crackles on the Leeds
tracks are so loud you'd think someone is crackling tinfoil next to your
ears.

 >By the way, how many people out there have the nine LP box set PHASES from
 >Germany?  And if you do, about how much did you pay for it?  I got mine in
NYC
 >in the late 80's & paid $90.00.  Just curious.

Good price.  I got a near mint copy on ebay a couple of years ago for $110
and that was a steal.  If there are any of you youngsters out there
interested in getting the original mixes to go along with the remastered
CD's, your best move would be to pony up for a copy of Phases which has
great and sometimes fantastic sound and all the original packaging (except
no poster in Sell Out).  I would say it's a much better buy than the
Japanese mini-LP's.

        -Brian in Atlanta