Re: The Horns/Replacing Moons presence

From: DrJimmy <drjimmy@iamdigex.net>

> Yes, 1989 was watered down, but did 1979-80 really louse up things with
the brass?

It's hard for me to say.  I saw them only once with that lineup here in 1980
and hated it but mostly because Pete was too drunk to play well and
generally seemed out of it the entire night.  It turned me off of The Who
for several years (I had gone to a tremendous amount of trouble to get
tickets to the nosebleed section of the Omni).  However, one local rock
writer refused to go see The Who in 1997 because of how "wonderful" they
were in 1980 and I have even seen that night's performance on a bootleg!  I
wonder how I'd feel about it now...

        -Brian in Atlanta