The Horns/Replacing Moons presence

I was never lucky enough to have seen The Who before 1989, but if I did see them with the horns in 1979 or 1980, whenver they precisely used them, I think I wouldn't have been bothered  AS LONG as Pete was still playing raunchy (compliment) lead guitar.

I only have a few examples to back up my point, but from watching them "introduce the brass section" on Music Must Change, I thought it was a total compliment to the kick ass cigarette
smoking Pete with one foot on amp while jamming slick guitar playing.

Yes, 1989 was watered down, but did 1979-80 really louse up things with the brass?

In addition, did Rabbits coming aboard bother anyone? I don't mind it, again, I can only
reference a little of the old stuff with boots and video, but he did add one more sound to
an already 4 man band fixed in many a fans head.

I think there is something to be said for fans with my sort of opinion, being that I can only
look back and see what they did, as opposed to have been there since the 60s following
them, and having to deal with what seems a drastic change at the time, 3 horns and a
keyboard.

Interested in hearing what people have to say.

Can you blame Pete/The Who for adding the extra players to feel more comfortable, or so he seemed to think it would make him/them, being that he/they lost a pretty unreplaceable driving
force as in Moon?

My opinion boils down to "as long as they made music and I could hear what Pete had to say" so I would take anything, Im sure.

(My "he/they" "Pete/the who" references  are  sort of tounge in cheek, Im a firm believer that Pete was the boss, and the rest followed, always has been my thought........)

--
Be Kind, Be Real, or get out of my face-P.Townshend