Re: next album sound (was: re- Dem Horns again!)

> > a) My Generation
> > b) Tommy
> > c) Who Are You
> > d) Empty Glass
> > e) DST
> > f) None of the above
>
>hmmm... hmm... hmm... hmm... hm....
>
>f?

Heheh.  Good choice, I think.

>Roger has also been making stuff, although I don't follow his solo
>career really so I can't for the life of me tell you what he issued
>last, I'm sure someone will fill that in ;-).  1997?

ROCKS IN THE HEAD (1992).  There's a retrospective that's later, but there's
nothing new on it.

>If its anything like what happened at Vegas and HOB and Empire (lucky
>guitar smash viewing dogs :), I think it will be something we will alllike.
>  It would have a thunder bass sound from John, some interesting vocal
>changes for Roger maybe (his Johnny Cash style was interesting and seemed
>to be in a good range for Roger's voice these days),

On a studio recording Roger may not sound that much different from how he's
always sounded.  The last two or three tracks he's done with other artists
sound as clear and sharp in the upper range as ever.  Amazing how he can do
that, but I guess when he's recording in the studio he can wait for a good
day.

>On the other hand, with the wrong producer the album could be another
>tinny sounding Face Dances.  There, that oughta throw some more
>kindling on the fire ;-).

Yup.  It's been so long since they worked together, I can imagine we might
get three solo efforts on one album. ;) I don't think it'll be another FACE
DANCES, though.  They were working out a new sound then, and they're more
sure of themselves now, with whatever drummer they use.  I think Roger can
sing better in Pete solo style, too, as he had the tour after IT'S HARD to
work it out.  THAT's the big change I've noticed in Roger's voice, that it's
softened up a little so he can sing the laid-back jazzy/bluesy stuff better.
  There's some indication of it in DST and also in the live concerts since
then (like the Johnny Cash songs).  Maybe Pete doesn't have to worry so much
about writing for Roger's voice any more.

keets