Lifehouse box Set

At last it's arrived!  A week after Avatar turned up on my doorstep, the
LifeHouse box set is now here.

Wow.  That's all I could say for a while.  Wow.

The box, packaging, design and contents are just awesome.  Puts Avatar to
shame.  £40 for this?  Don't tell Pete, but I would have paid £100.

And as for the music...

I'm half way through the 3rd CD so far (ie: I've heard most of the 'new
material'), and I am in awe.  Wow.  (Did I say that?)  The demos are
magnificent.  The simplified, cut-down sound really works - I always was a
big fan of the Scoops.  One song in particular has really stood out as being
even better than the Who's version: Slip Kid - I thought it was a great
version even before the brilliant piano solo started.

Best karaoke moments: WGFA & WAY, at the end of the instrumental, when Roger
would normally shout "Yeeeaahhhhhhh!" / "Whhhhhhoooo  arreeee yooouuuuuu?",
but instead its just music.  I'm more than happy to fill the gap with my own
RD impression, at great volume!

Having the Lifehouse boxset is taking my mind off not having the BBC
Sessions yet.  My dad is currently in America (Tulsa) working for a couple
of weeks.  I've told him not to come back without the CD, and I've given him
idiot's instructions of how to get it (now dad, repeat after me : "Best Buy,
The Who, BBC Sessions, Bonus Disk").  I can wait a few weeks for it; maybe
in a year or two I'll also buy the UK version if I find it on sale...

Right, time to watch today's video diary.  I'm starting to really excited
about next week's Sadler's Wells concert.  Is it just me, or is this the
best month ever for Who fans?  I can imagine Brian in Atlanta getting RSI in
5 years time having to write all this up!

-MB

Uh-oh, the rapping's just begun on the Lifehouse CD.