Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #263

In a message dated 11/2/99 3:28:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<<
 Maybe it was the transfer from live audience to TV, but I did not think
Roger's voice has survived.  At the Quad shows that strain was evident, but
not obvious.  The next time I saw him at a BRS show, he still sounded decent.
 After watching the iBash highlights, however, he seemed to be struggling.
His range seemed minimal and volume low in contrast to PT's.  Like I said,
maybe this was due to the sound transfer but...  Anyone else think this?

David, I think it was the transfer from the live show to the TV special,
because if you listen to Baba o'Riley, the sound automatically becomes louder
and sounds different. I could tell at the beginning of the set that something
was not quite right.  Also, Roger was having trouble with his ear piece, and
at times missing some cues.  Being at the show, I thought his range sounded
as good as the BRS and Quad shows. He didn't seem like he was straining at
all, just irritated with the on-stage hearing problems he was having.   Janet