re-Before I get Old

Mark and others,
               Once more I think people are'nt paying attention
to the points I make. I have conceeded that Marsh is entitled to
his own views, that's fine and so it should be.  If Marsh were
half the fan you say he is or was he should have realised what he
was dealing with here,especially towards the last part of the book
notably the breakup, the ending(at the time) of perhaps the World's
greatest Rock Band.
                  The issue of money can always cloud and spoil
relationships. The 'Farewell Tour' earned The Who a bundle. So
what? IMHO they were entitled to it. This was one of the few
Bands that over their long career had literally given blood,sweat,
and tears to earn it. AS Chris Charlesworth points out in later
publications, The Who were now in a position to earn the kind of
money that they could not during the height of their career-eg,
due to the Shel Talmy deal.
                         You are right about saying that any
book on the Who could not be all 'good' otherwise it would be no
good. That does not mean that facts,and figures, realities and
truths be left out. Again I must say that What did Marsh expect
The Who to do after 1982 ?  You don't jut wind up The Who so
easily. That's a difficult proposition.
                           The very fact that marsh calls for an
end to their career(Not only in the book) and then goes off to
write  a book about them (as I've also said not a bad effrt),
is Hypocritical. If you're so dead set in your opinions, then he
should not have covered the tour  or written the book, to me that's
simply cashing in while you can. So who wants to make money now ?
      I could go on, there is more, but I don'tan want to bore  you
all with this and am trying to keep the post as short as possible.