Re: Solo Albums; Miguel Ferrer

Jon McCormack wrote:

>Hey,
>I'm only 16 years old so I'm a new who fan compared to you guy's!!!

There are plenty of people who are double or triple your age but have only
recently discovered The Who, so don't think that you're the only new kid on
the block (hmmm,  that'd make an excellent name for a musical act).   : D

>I was just woundering...I know Pete has his records but How are
>Daltreys, Johns, and Moons solo albums??? Any one I should definitly
>get???

I happen to think that McVicar and Under A Raging Moon are better than his
1970s solo albums, but his best may be his LAST, Rocks In The Head, which
may also be his cheapest (especiallly on CD; you might find it for under
$5).

John's first, Smash Your Head Against The Wall, is definitely worth
purchasing.  Beyond that, his solo career is a matter of taste.  I like the
1950s stylings on Rigor Mortis and Mad Dog but others much prefer Whistle
Rymes.

On a different note, noble Cubs fan Carl Gilbertsen asked about Two Sides Of
The Moon:

>I heard that Miguel Ferrer (a character bad guy, my
>favorite was in TV version of The Stand), played backup on
>the album, any truth to that?

Lots of truth to that; in fact, when he appeared on Jay Leno's show within
the past few years, Jay said that next time he was a guest he'd have to tell
his Keith Moon story.

Rich