Re: War (what is it good for)

Interesting bringing up WWII in Tommy because that war seems to me to be in the
background of a lot of Who songs.  "My Generation" is sort of an "up yours" to
the WWII generation that was chiding young Brits about their lack of
responsibility  (see the city gent in "A Hard Day's Night" for a very similar
take; remember Lennon's "I'm bet you sorry you won?")

The It's Hard LP has an attempt as reconciliation between the WWII generation
and Pete's own generation which he then saw as the probable WWIII generation.

And then "The Iron Man" has it come up in "Dig."

There's probably more, but that should get you started.

			-Brian in Atlanta