Report Card

Bruce, Carolyn, and any others who might be interested...I did made a
CDr copy of the Virgin label version of MY GENERATION yesterday, and
compared it to the true mono MCA release. And the verdict is in: NO
QUESTION it sounds better. More depth, more three dimensional...don't
know how to say it, but could hear the difference immediately as I
played the MCA disc. That one sounds flater, less real. This is
absolutely the best-sounding version I've ever heard. Course the
presumably newer release of MG you two have might be better than the
mono MCA I have. But that's presuming the label did some work on it,
because if Astley & Co. had it would be credited, and we'd have bonus
tracks.

So I have only this to say: Now here THIS, MCA: If *I* can do this with
a stereo and a computer...total cost under $5000...then I'm SURE you can
do MUCH BETTER. Yes? If you lack the master or I can help out in any
way, please feel free to contact me and ask.

Anyway, this version gets an "A" for excellence and this album stands
(as always) as one of the essential albums anyone who presumes to be a
Rock fan should own. It is, IMHO, the first Rock album ever released.

--

 "I'd like to buy her (Mary Bono) some skis."
               Howard Stern, commenting on the impeachment

                      Cheers                ML