Uppity Rock Stars

 First of all there ARE too many of them. Just yesterday I listened to
to Ian Anderson of Tull going on about how great THEY were and what an
era they happened to part of which is what made them so great. He went on
to say that to be in the company of Led Zeppelin was a terrific honour
and also went on to credit Jimmy Hendrix as being only one of a very few
artists who He thought meant anything at all ! This was on BIG 106 FM. A
pre gig interview . Tull recently played Palm Beach, Florida.  I said to
myself that I think He's forgotten to mention The Who, surely. Anyway,I
always beleived that anyone who performs for the public, on the various
stages,concert,theatre,film,etc..was entitled to call themselves an
artist,and that their paticular field was all part of "the arts" which
IMHO includes Rock Music. Yes a few writers took it to the outer limits
and tried to get it to another level and failed but that's what comes
with the realisation of the whole subject: It's Art,not politics or relgion.
Therefore I say to you Rock On !  Regards, Derick.
P.S. Oh and all those uppity rockstars,They'll never credit The Who for
anything. They (The Who> remain perhaps the most Underrated band of all time.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org