Re: Husker Du (no Who)

Pamela the Who Girl re:

>Pamela here. Yes, the above choices are good but I would add "Metal
Circus"
>if only for the song "Diane" ; - )

    So, I suppose you wouldn't recommend "Landspeed Record", then? ;)
I read that "Diane" (great song!) was based on a true incident. Poor
girl. :(

David13 re:

>Hold off on 'Zen Arcade' unless you like their other stuff.

    That was my first Husker Du album and it only made me starving for
more.
I would also like to recommend Grant Hart's first solo album, too.

>New Day Rising and Flip Your Wig are my two favorite Husker albums

   There was a point in my life where every morning right after I woke,
I would blast the title track from "New Day Rising" to start my day.
It did more than a cup o' coffee/tea could have ever hoped for...
   Another Whoish comparison is that both bands have two very excellent
songwriters.

Stoo