Re: "Somebody Saved Me"

>I think it was written for the lady in the clinic in
>California who helped him recover from his cocaine
>addiction.....I may be wrong...but that's always
>was I thought....I don't remember her name.....

I suppose it's possible, but if so then Pete was playing pretty free
with his poetic license!  The clinic lady (her name is on the tip of
my tongue...) is obviously a she, whereas the "somebody" of the song
is referred to as "he".  It is also implied that Pete knew (or knew
of, if my theory is correct) this mysterious "somebody" for many
years...since the 60's, it would seem.  Again, this doesn't seem to
fit with Clinic Lady (was it Megan?).  Finally, I have never read
anything to suggest that Clinic Lady (I'm almost entirely certain her
name was Meg) died shortly after Pete was rehabilitated.
Sorry to be so adamant about all this, but I am just SO sure that the
"somebody" is Baba!  It fits so beautifully!

- -Yellow "Off to bed" Ledbetter