Evening with VH-1

From:	Alan McKendree, INTERNET:amck@eden.com

>>RE: "Message to Love":  WHAT the F**K was THAT?  They edited it and cho=
pped
>>it up with commercials so badly I almost (almost) quit taping it.  Gues=
>>everyone will still be buying the commercial video when it comes out.

Alan;  It's already out.  I purchased it this weekend at my local
record store.  Haven't had time to watch it yet because I'm busy
getting my week wrapped up at work as early as possible because
it will be "Groupie Weekend" as my husband is calling it and I know
I will be too sicced to do anything work related anticipating
the Saturday & Sunday shows.

>>RE: VH-1 Legends special:  Very interesting well done.  Thumbs-up from =
this
>>quarter.  =

>>criticism:  the voiceover.  I actually found it sort of cozy that it
>>sounded like my "naxt door nayber" from Dripping Springs was narrating
>>about Pete's "sangles" recorded with his "git-ar", but my friend couldn=
't
>>stand the accent, and I found myself indeed wondering whose brother-in-=
law
>>this guy knew to get the job.  (Answer: turned out he's Levon Helm.  A
>>revered name in rock and roll, but he should stick to sangin'.)

I wondered about this myself.  I am a big Dylan fan so I know the
Band's work rather well.  As soon as I heard his voice I knew
it was Levon but couldn't connect him to The Who (other than
being a big fan himself).  Normally these things are narrated by
someone who is somewhat related to the subject in some manner
(i.e. Kris Kristofferson did Janis Joplin) but Levon - who knew?

Yeah and Levon not only sang but also played drums for the Band.
Not to shabby either.

Kathleen

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend