Evening with VH-1

RE: "Message to Love":  WHAT the F**K was THAT?  They edited it and chopped
it up with commercials so badly I almost (almost) quit taping it.  Guess
everyone will still be buying the commercial video when it comes out.

RE: VH-1 Legends special:  Very interesting well done.  Thumbs-up from this
quarter.  Nit: I would have liked to hear mentioned what _kind_ of pills
Keith took (part of his treatment for alcoholism) rather than just saying
he took a lot of pills and didn't wake up.  BIG nit, or small actual
criticism:  the voiceover.  I actually found it sort of cozy that it
sounded like my "naxt door nayber" from Dripping Springs was narrating
about Pete's "sangles" recorded with his "git-ar", but my friend couldn't
stand the accent, and I found myself indeed wondering whose brother-in-law
this guy knew to get the job.  (Answer: turned out he's Levon Helm.  A
revered name in rock and roll, but he should stick to sangin'.)

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend