Re: PT vs.L & M etc.

At 12:25 AM 8/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>My hunch is most of the people critizing The Beatles weren't born when the
>true  Beatles phenom was raging.  The Who were the best live band to ever
>take the stage, but the Beatles in their day were one of a kind in every
>other respect.
>Now a days to someone under 40 it may not sound like much but in it's day
>there was nothing like it anywhere.
>You can love PT as much as you want, everybody reading this is a true fan,
>but to trash what you don't understand in my mind shows ignorance that would
>be better kept to yourself.
>Please don't take this personally.  But, to semi quote a fellow Who fan, The
>Beatles are one sacred cow which can't be turned into hamburger.
>
>Jerry L.

Jerry-
	I've snipped a lot of your post to save some bandwidth and just to give
the gist of what you said. I'm 45, 46 in a few weeks, I was there too. I
won't deny the Beatles were enormously influential.
	But to me, then and now, they were, and are, hamburger. Not even ground
chuck roast. The longer I listen, the more embarrassing their stuff sounds,
and the Who stuff just keeps sounding better.
	Not to trash the Beatles, if you like them better, fine, no problem. But
not all of us ancient ones share your opinion.
		-David

   Virginia & David Garrett
      Newport, Tennessee
         garrett@planetc.com