Re: 1975 JAE bust?

In a message dated 96-05-21 21:12:44 EDT, garyg@inforamp.net (Gary M.
Gillman) writes:

>You know that "Babylon" series of books about Hollywood's underside, etc.?
>Well there's one just out on rock, and flipping through it I noticed a
>section on the Who. There was the usual recitation of Keith Moon stories
>(and it truly appears the man could be most obnoxious at times), but there's
>also a picture of John Alec being arrested (the story claimed) for
>disturbing the peace; this was supposedly  somewhere in Texas at the
>beginning of a tour in 1975. Can any of the Who historians amongst us
>confirm whether this really happened and, if so, what happened to John in
>the Texas courts?...Gary M. P.S. This book contains the best picture I've
>ever seen of a PT leap - it looks like the photographer was below stage
>level right under the place where PT suddenly became airborne.

I asked John's drummer about this and he said that at one of the meet and
greet sessions on the Left For Dead tour someone came up to the table with a
black and white "mug shot" of JAE in a Texas jail.  The clock in the
background said 5 am or so.
He didn't recall the date but said 75' sounded about right and the charge was
disturbing the peace. One other note, John was wearing a mock up of a
confederate soldiers uniform which only made things worse. By the way
according to Steve, John has a copy of the photo and signed another for the
guy that brought them.

Stef