Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 135

Jay, re:

>This Quad thing is <Star Trek word for bullshit, I forgot it>.  4 TRACKS
remixed? That really doesn't make sense- if you're not gonna do the whole
album, what's the point?  Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that
30-second pause comment...

I don't believe it. Perhaps 4 of the tracks are significant, perhaps not.
Originally, I heard the mix was VERY different, then I spoke to someone
involved in the "process" and he said, "Pete is head over heals with the new
mix..." and then explained it isn't all that different, but different enough
where it makes a difference. Why these things tend to be such big secrets
only really points to the mentality of the "powers to be". When the damn
thing is actually out, let's see how much we like it... Personally, I hope we
do! The thing about the "bonus" tracks is a joke. If they have the "space",
they should use it... It doesn't get much simpler than that...

Oh, and as far as the "Quad" book goes... The nicely packaged version from
Germany on Polydor has the book too...

-wf