Mungo & Cliff

Alan writes:

>Are the Magnificent Sidies a group?  Or is/was there a group called
>the Sidies who you're saying are magnificent?

I thought he was referring to Mr Dorsets impressive sideburns... Anyway, my cat
Mungo is named after the man so just lay off OK! 8-)

Lev writes:

>Actually, I think it's very interesting that the pop of the day rarely
>survives--Cliff Richard, Peter Frampton, Toto, etc., while they can boast
>a huge fan base at their peak, don't have much of an ability to hold on
>to that fan base, whereas bands like the Who, while never having a

Good comment although incorrect in the case of Sir Cliff - his fan base is huge
and you would be well advised to stay clear of ticketing outlets, at least in
Australia, when his concerts go on sale ...

Regards,
Denis.