Re: Wild West/Wild Fang

On Thu, 2 May 1996 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Leviathan, re:
>
> >By the way, does anyone know the particular reason that Dogs, Pt. 2 was
> >chosen as the B-side to Pinball Wizard?
>
> They probably figured they'd sell a lot less copies of their single if they
> made it the "a" side.

Duh.  It just seems they might have taken another song off Tommy to put
on a single to promote the album more.

> As for the rest of your "spew", re:
>
> > "after all, what do we morons know..."
>
> Obviously not much. Changing your tact adds  little to "make your case"...

I changed my tact?

> >>Note that throughout your message, you make numerous assumptions about what
> I think and who I am, based on evidence that is at best spurious and in truth
> non-existent.
>
> Nope. You're very transparent, right from your "let's have a poll to see who
> agrees with me" (take a couple of semesters of Statistics before your next
> one...)

I did have a poll; that poll revealed that there were 30 people here who
did not want to have the trash you post on this mailing list, and none
who did.  As this is a self-selected population (people who choose to
respond to a poll), the significance of the result in predicting what the
other 250+ people on this list prefer is minimal; on the other hand, it's a
hint.  Can you be a bit more specific about which parts of 'statistics'
I should remember?

> to your e-mail emotional ramblings (ie. "QUIT POSTING....")

Emotion?  "Stop posting this crap to the mailing list" is emotional?  I
am not emoting, I'm amused.  And few things are as amusing as your (and
others') belief in the ability of the Who mailing list to arouse emotion.

> to your
> (hMMM... the old tactics didn't work, what if I try a more reasonable
> approach and throw some 'big' words in there to show him I'm smart???") I'll
> pretend I'm Mr. Spock (or the PC Tuvok?) and throw in a bit of sarcasm...
> That will learn 'em!"

Well, considering I'm a sarcastic bastard in real life, I guess you're
getting a glimpse of "The Real Me".  However, as to the question posed by
the first line of that song, the answer is no.

> Hope this helps....

Don't count on it.

--LP.