Re: Fang's Offensive Remarks

<<       You know, this is incredible!  I can't believe what offends people
anymore.  No wonder the world is going to hell!!  Don't you all get it, yet?
 <<       I know I'm repeating some ideas that were already posted in responses
to this "thread", but I'm gonna say it anyway, in the hope that it will
enlighten those who need enlightening (emphasis on "lighten", as in "lighten
up!), because it has become sadly apparent that people are really "thick".
(Okay, "sensitive", to be PC).
<<        First of all, a stereotypical reference was made.  To pretend that
there are not black people who are out on the street scalping tickets in a
thick "jive" accent is extremely silly.  They are there.  I have seen them,
too.  Just like the "Guidos" on the next corner, wearing lots of gold, and
talking in a thick italian-brooklyn accent.  And the Puerto Ricans walking
around in street gangs with razor blades in their shoes.  And the Jews,
pissing on Palestinians and eating mozza balls.  And the white jerkoffs in
Washington DC who are fucking us all up the ass!  They all exist.
  <<      Personally, I think those who were offended ARE being rediculous.  And
I can see no need for Fang to apologize.
<<   Really, Scott (and those who were offended), it concerns me when
people get SO sensitive about a topic that they "go off" when someone makes a
friggin' joke.  Maybe you don't have to LAUGH at it, maybe you don't find it
FUNNY, but at least RECOGNIZE the comments for what they are -- A JOKE -- and
FORGET ABOUT IT!  You might even wanna go one step further and do yourself a
favor -- just lighten up and relax.  You might be able to enjoy life better if
you do.

I'm sorry that you feel "concerned" when someone is offended.  This is a
Who mailing list, and comments or jokes describing ANY ethnicity -or parts
of the female (or male) anatomy-in the pejorative are unnecessary,
unwelcome, and in this case, not funny IMHO.  I wouldn't dream of denying
Mr.Weiner the right to say, feel, or write these things, I am merely asking
that he save them for people he knows will appreciate them.  There were
many on this list that did not.