Re: Fang's Offensive Remarks

Scott, and everybody....

>>> It is clear from the postings of several people on this list that your
remarks were offensive.  I had hoped this would prompt an apology from you,
but instead you ridicule those who were offended.

        You know, this is incredible!  I can't believe what offends people
anymore.  No wonder the world is going to hell!!  Don't you all get it, yet?
        I know I'm repeating some ideas that were already posted in responses
to this "thread", but I'm gonna say it anyway, in the hope that it will
enlighten those who need enlightening (emphasis on "lighten", as in "lighten
up!), because it has become sadly apparent that people are really "thick".
(Okay, "sensitive", to be PC).
        First of all, a stereotypical reference was made.  To pretend that
there are not black people who are out on the street scalping tickets in a
thick "jive" accent is extremely silly.  They are there.  I have seen them,
too.  Just like the "Guidos" on the next corner, wearing lots of gold, and
talking in a thick italian-brooklyn accent.  And the Puerto Ricans walking
around in street gangs with razor blades in their shoes.  And the Jews,
pissing on Palestinians and eating mozza balls.  And the white jerkoffs in
Washington DC who are fucking us all up the ass!  They all exist.
        Personally, I think those who were offended ARE being rediculous.  And
I can see no need for Fang to apologize.  There are much BIGGER problems in
this country and this world, and to be upset by a stereotypical reference
makes absolutely no sense.  We're not talking about a presidential speech,
here;  we're talking about the friggin' WHO LIST!  The late great Frank Zappa
once asked, "Does humor belong in music?"   Does humor belong on the Who list?

>>> This is not an "all-white" list. My fiance is black. Imagine how she might
have felt if she had read your post.  Her father and brother are "large black
men" who happen to be responsible citizens.  Your derogatory characterization
of blacks as being criminals, low-lifes or sex-starved illiterates is not only
inaccurate but extremely insensitive.  Have you no concept of how painful this
can be?

        See, here's the problem, Scott:  YOU are the one making the
generalization, NOT Fang.  The comment was clearly intended as a joke. Imagine
how your fiance is gonna feel when she finds out you have no sense of humor.

>>> Mr. Weiner, may I suggest you pause and consider the profound effect that
black Americans (like all Americans) have had on YOUR life.  There would be no
Who, no Maximum R&B, without black culture (that's the R&B).

        And no "Famous Amos' Chocolate Chip cookies!! Lookie here!  We all
gots to lighten up!  We always be fighten amongst ourselves!  Now, we all
likes the Who!!  Just remember:  "A" equals 440 vibrations!!
        Really, Scott (and those who were offended), it concerns me when
people get SO sensitive about a topic that they "go off" when someone makes a
friggin' joke.  Maybe you don't have to LAUGH at it, maybe you don't find it
FUNNY, but at least RECOGNIZE the comments for what they are -- A JOKE -- and
FORGET ABOUT IT!  You might even wanna go one step further and do yourself a
favor -- just lighten up and relax.  You might be able to enjoy life better if
you do.

                sincerely,
                gary m.