Re: Fang's Offensive Remarks

Scott, re:

> It is clear from the postings of several people on this list that your
remarks were offensive.  I had hoped this would prompt an apology from you,
but instead you ridicule those who were offended.

It's not my fault that other people are stupid. Their parents owe them an
apology, not me. So far, nobody has been able to validate a legitimate
grievence. If that day ever comes, I'd be more than happy to apologize...

>>This is not an "all-white" list.

hMMM... For me, AOL displays the list with black letters on a white
background... you're right!

>>My fiance is black. Imagine how she might have felt if she had read your
post.  Her father and brother are "large black men" who happen to be
responsible citizens.  Your derogatory characterization of blacks as being
criminals, low-lifes or sex-starved illiterates is not only inaccurate but
extremely insensitive.

I can only hope she's brighter than you are. My comments were "describing"
certain people pacing "to and fro" by a concert line. Can you explain (in
detail) how you extrapolated this "derogatory characterization of blacks"
from my remarks? Do you have a vivid imagination? I find it fascinating that
you could dirive all of "this" from my comments. Apprently you have some
unresolved personal problems that you need to deal with.

>> Have you no concept of how painful this can be?

"Painful"??? You mean, you reading something on a Who list, drawing the wrong
conclusions, flying off the handle and getting yourself very upset??? No, I
can't identify with that. A complete stranger communicating by computer isn't
going to cause me pain. However, I find having to  "explain" something that
needs no explanation "painful". It's an indictment of our educational system
that people are not taught to think. Oh, you can read and write, but what
you've written shows no thought or reasoning. I can't apologize for that, nor
should I.

>>Mr. Weiner, may I suggest you pause and consider the profound effect that
black Americans (like all Americans) have had on YOUR life.  There would be
no
Who, no Maximum R&B, without black culture (that's the R&B).

Again, completely irrelevant. Without any thought, you're making awfully big
assumptions. It's obvious a little pinball machine went "bing, bing, bing" in
your head when I wrote, "Hellow dare!" Did I say or imply I don't like or
respect black people? Did I even generalize beyond the "scalping scene"? Or,
is it perhaps YOU think that the "gentleman" who tried to sell me "mushrooms"
in Tower Records was a "typical representive of his race?" (BTW, I answered
him, "Why would I want to buy vegetables in a record store???")

As for your "It's A Wonderful Life" scenario, I'd say you have way too much
time on your hands. Rather than reading this list, I suggest you do something
worthwhile...

Hope this helps...

-wf