Re: "It's Hard" - A Classic ?!?

Jim, re:

<< It's funny how a fan can become so emotionally involved in a band or
artist that even the mediocre stuff begins to sound good and, when talking
about such a mediocre album, can lead to statements like "there is not a bad
song on it."  >>

Actually, that's not really the case at all... I only got into The Who in '79
and everything at that point, especially the early solo stuff was new as I
was just discovering it all for the first time. When I first heard "Athena"
on the radio, I said, "That's the new Who single???" (I think I had a worse
reaction over "Face The Face"...) The only song on the album that I liked
immediately was "Eminence Front". The rest, I thought was all very "rough"
and not well thought out. However, realizing very quickly that every new Who
record is NOT going to be "Quadrophenia", I gave it a chance and like the new
"Tommy", I played it over and over. By the 10th listen, the album won me
over. I agree that "side 2" is a bit slow, but "One At A Time" and "Cry If
You Want" seem to remedy that...

I'm sure most of the album's flaws were due to the "rush" nature of it's
release, due to Pete's "rehab" at the time and the band rehearsing without
him... However, I really like it...

-wf