an organized attack....

I'm writing this in response to Marshall's letter to MCA.
Responding to his letter is great news and and a good example
that maybe the record companies are willing to actually
listen to the fans' inputs.

What I would like to know (and it may have been brought up before)
is how and who to write to at MCA / Polydor etc.. to express our
opinions.  Not just our requests and complaints...but to write
also to thank and pass on our apprecitaion to the deserving people
(and people in the right places) about the work they have done
so far.

I really beleive that it would be to our benifit to let these
people know we exist and know how we feel about things.
In this way they will hopefully be aware that there
are fans out there (and a market) that really care and want more.
More remastering, more unreleased stuff, more live stuff etc.
(as opposed to for example less...by "blagh" cutting a CD to make
it "fit" onto one CD).  IF they know how much the fans appreciate
all of this "new" stuff they might just make more effort in the
future.  Yes,I know there are those of you have complaints etc.
about the new stuff, but I for one, am completely estatic about
it all!

I also realize Wfang and others have been in contact with Astely
etc., but I'm thinking also of contact to different departments
within the company. (like Marshalls letter).  Maybe we are pushing
the wrong buttons and there's a better person who can push
our desires.  And then again maybe not...I'm really not sure how to
proceed.

Does any one have any info and/or addreses???  If we could all
direct our letters to the same person, than maybe our shear
volume would have some impact, (instead of everyone writing to a
different person).  Basically what I'm talking about here is an
organized "attack".  Any ideas?? It would definetely help to know
the best place to start to make our presence known.  (Email would
obviously be the easiest thing, but I guess snail-mail is the
next best thing).

David (DJF)