Re: Very long Hyde Park comment; best of Pete comments

Trish, Re:

> To Bernd:  Your report was well worth the read.  [...]  I think writing up
> something like that is a great ritual that kind of cements the details and
> helps capture it forever.  I'm grateful to you for doing that.

Thank you for your kind comments (and thanks to the many listers who expressed
their appreciation of my report in private e-mail).

During the three evenings when I was writing my report, I often was in doubt
whether I should send it to the list or not.  But now I'm convinced that it was
a good idea.

> I'm glad your wife didn't show up!  It would have distracted you from what
> ended up as a poignant piece of writing.

You are right, most likely it wouldn't have been a good thing to meet my wife
on a weekend which was supposed to be the greatest one so far in my life as a
Who fan.  On the other hand, this very weekend with its fabulous Quad show and
the three evenings thereafter when I was collecting my thoughts at my keyboard
were perhaps the best therapy to forget about her.  One year of wishing her
back to my side is more than enough, it is time start looking ahead to the
future, not back to the past...

Cheers,

Bernd