Re: Hyde (another long tale)

Shanon, Re:

> Once the gates opened and I began to run, I realized the stage was a long,
> long, long ways away.  I about had a heart attack about half way but I just
> keep thinking "this is for the Who, keep going."  My next thought was, "when
> I get home I've got to start working out again."

Interesting that you made a similar experience like I did.  Yes, it takes more
to be a Who fan than just collecting records and subscribing to this list.  One
also needs to care for one's health, physical strength, and endurance... :-)

> 	We could have gotten really close to the stage but we were afraid
> of an Alanis-induced mosh pit.  So we set up about 40 yards from the
> stage, slightly towards John's side.

Hm, there were good reasons to be up front and good reasons to stay a little
behind.  I was happy to see the whole stage show and all of the performers from
the very front rows of the audience, but of course the sound quality wasn't the
best up there.

> 	The band was the best ensemble I think they could have had.  I
> was particularly impressed with Simon and Zak.  When this is all over
> they should start their own band.

I really wonder why Zak hasn't found a great band of his own yet (or am I
mistaken here?).  He seems to be one of today's very best drummers.  Simon and
Zak together - yes, that could be great...

> 	Unfortunately, after the concert the people I was with said they
> didn't enjoy the Who all that much because they couldn't understand the
> story.  And they were right, that show was for us hardcore fans I think.

Agreed.  Though all elements of the storyline were there, it might have been
hard for non-fans to get them together correctly...

> 	Like I mentioned before, this was without a doubt the greatest
> experience of my life.

Yep, definitely a mind-blowing late afternoon for us second-generation Who
fans.

Cheers,

Bernd