Quad reissue

I just caught up on my Who news after my problems on-line and can't
believe the differing opinions on Quad.

I've only heard the CD once in it's entirety and many times jumping
tracks.  My opinions on this CD are clear and simple; I'm a bass and
drums guy, and this new remix unleashes John and Keith at full throttle.
What many (from what I've read) don't like in the new "Punk, Real Me"
mixes I enjoy greatly.  The missing "oomph" is the newfound clarity of
John's bass.  I can actually hear the bass notes on Punk without
straining.  As Jeff Williams pointed out, you can hear Keith scream
on many occasions (always a plus).

A major plus of this album overall is what made the new Tommy great; the
track seperation.  From the Real Me on, one can easily pinpoint each
instrument without anything getting lost in a sludge of sound.  Now I can
always understand those who lived and died by this album as the Who's
crowning achievement feel betrayed by the new mixes, but for me I always
thought this album needed some kind of change for it to stand out. I've
seen Fang's opinions but never agreed with his sonic viewpoint of this
album anyway.  I still prefer the MSFL to the MCA CD, and certainly this
one is tenfold above MSFL for track seperation and clarity alone.
Lastly I know I'm right because Mark Leaman agrees with me.  :)