sitting, standing, moshing

>If I were a member of a rock band and the audience sat through my
>performance, I would feel I had failed.

    i see it this way, also.  and for someone like townshend who seems to get
    off on audience reaction, this is essential to his performance.
    although, maybe if he saw everyone sitting, he'd out-do himself to try to
    get us to stand.  i personally prefer to stand.

    i have been to many shows that yellow's described, and foolishly have
    stood in the midst of the "action".  i've gotten terribly hurt and came
    close to having my arm disjointed.  but, i do have options, and one smart
    one is to stand back.  another smart one is to head for the seats.

    -karen