Re: Pete on tour

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Gary Maiullo wrote:

>     I don't know.  I thought that McCartney's "Unplugged" performance was
> pretty cool.  What do you mean?  That it was just another opportunity for Paul
> to play with his band, and not a traditional "Unplugged" show?  Who cares?!

I thought Mac's Unplugged was cool, but I think I was one of probably 50
people that actually bought theat CD.  It wasn't really marketed the way
it should have been (like EC's was, sedated Layla and all), and seeing how
Pete has in general been marketed (and merketed himself) in the past, the
same thing is likely to happen to him.  If it sold well, Pete (and his
label) would likely be motivated to put out a bit more (If PD sold better,
I doubt the Greatest Hits would have taken this long, money being the
motivation that it is.) As much as I'd like to see Pete make a 'comeback'
like Clapton did, I don't really see Unplugged as the way to do it (now
Quad in Hyde Park is another story).

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend