Re: Pete on tour

Shane, re:

>>> At this point, Unplugged(TM) is a bit overdone, when you get bands like
Kiss and Hole doing it, it loses it's relevance.

    What does that mean?  What "relevance"?  I think you're getting too deep.
I would love to see Pete do an MTV Unplugged(TM)! As far as I'm concerned, it
is just another venue! It's another opportunity to see the guy in action, and
an opportunity to hear different versions of songs that I really love.  And,
who knows what Pete might "pull out of the bag"?!

>>> I also think that if Pete did do it, it would probably suffer a similar
fate as Paul McCartney's Unplugged.

    I don't know.  I thought that McCartney's "Unplugged" performance was
pretty cool.  What do you mean?  That it was just another opportunity for Paul
to play with his band, and not a traditional "Unplugged" show?  Who cares?!
If the artist decides to "Acousticize" his music, or does pretty much faithful
versions of his songs, what does it matter?  Either way, I would still welcome
the "opportunity" to see Pete do an "Unplugged", just to see what he would do!

>>> I'd be happy to see a CD of the policeman's ball, or a release from his
upcoming House of Blues show, and skip the Unplugged(TM) thing. I can see it
now, an unplugged reunion with Roger called "Who's Unplugged?".

    I think someone mentioned awhile ago that the "Secret Policeman's Ball"
was available on CD, at least for a time (I'm assuming you're referring to the
first one, with "Pinball Wizard" & "Drowned" -- what a performance!).  I agree
with you there.... I gotta try and find that (if I do, I'll let you know).
    As for Roger (and John, for that matter), I would like to see it either
with Pete, or with all three of them!

    That is beautiful.

                gary m.