Re: Green Day does a Who tribute?!?

Dan, re:

>>> So, is Green Day paying The Who a tribute (IMHO, I think not), or were
they making fun...[?]

        I don't know for a fact, but I suspect it was a tribute in a positive
light.  I'm not a huge Green Day fan (actually, I think they are pretty funny
to watch, and the music is okay, but the amount of airplay doesn't help), but
I remember seeing Billy Joe on an interview once.  His attitude about the
audience was, in general, that they are "really thick" (my quotes, not his).
        I think Townshend says just about the same thing about the Who's
audience in an early clip in TKAA.  Kind of an interesting parallel.

                gary m.