Pate's stage equipment

A couple of recent posts got me curious about what Pete has used on tour in
the past,and although I can't immediately find the articles I'm looking
for, I did run across the November, 1977 issue of Guitar Player Magazine
which included a wonderful, full-blown technical feature on The Who's stage
set-up circa 1976-77.

I certainly can't reprint the entire thing here, but just as a tid-bit....

"Townshend has nine Les Paul Deluxes for road work. Alan Rogan keeps track
of them, sets them up for each performance, maintains them onstage, and
acquires new guitars as well. Pete selects six of the Les Pauls to be his
main performing guitars, and the others are backup instruments. At least
one has had its pickups disassembled and the parts coated and sealed in
resin in order to reduce hum and undesirable microphonics. Each of the road
guitars is equipped with an extra pickup - a DiMarzio Dual Sound - mounted
between the stock humbuckings; it's circuitry is interfaced with the
standard Gibson electronics. The strings - a Gibson 340 set with an.018B
substituted for the usual .028G are changed every set, at least on his
primary stage instrument."

I know I've got more, It's just a matter of digging it all out.....Dennis