WHO FOLLOWS WHO poll RESULTS

I'm not Doctor Victor von Doom, but I am the compiler of the official "Who
Follows Who" poll.  I must say again that the response was excellent and I
feel the results here will please and surprise alot of you.  Hopefully,
you'll be entertained at the very least.  We'll start with the largest group
first...the single vote getters...

ONE VOTE (and you all know who you are...)
-Asia
-PJ Harvey
-Ten Years After
-John Fogerty/CCR
-King Crimson
-Supertramp
-Widespread Panic
-AC/DC
-Pere Ubu
-Stevie Ray Vaughn
-Rush
-Joe Cocker
-JAE
-Roger Daltrey
-Smashing Pumpkins
-The Jam
-Prefab Sprout
-Beethoven
-Allman Brothers Band
-Live
-Jefferson Airplane
-The Tubes
-Poi Dog Pondering
-Steely Dan
-Cracker
-Phish
-The Band
-Matthew Sweet
-David Bowie
-Blondie
-Miles Davis
-T-Bone Burnett
-Richard Thompson
-Pixies
-Geraldine Fibbers
-Fleetwood Mac
-The Monkees
-X-Ray Spex
-The Tragically Hip
-Kate Bush
-The Stranglers
-Bruce Springsteen
-Til Tuesday/Aimee Mann
-Nils Lofgren
-Bonnie Raitt
-The Pretenders
-The Animals
-Green Day
-Bob Seger
-Mashina
-Nazareth
-Biohazard
-Alice in Chains
-Microdot
-The Byrds
-Sister Double Happiness
-Cheap Trick

TWO VOTES (misery loves company...)
-The Cult
-The Police
-James Brown
-Lou Reed (w/ & w/o The Velvet Underground)
-Nirvana
-The Smithereens
-Deep Purple
-The Beach Boys
-Emerson, Lake & Palmer
-Pete Townshend
-The Doors
-Fugazi
-Rancid
-Simon & Garfunkel
-Husker Du
-Little Feat
-Joe Jackson

THREE VOTES (popularity is cool...)
-Pearl Jam
-Frank Zappa (w/ & w/o The Mothers of Invention)
-XTC
-Neil Young
-U2
-Sugar
-Elvis Costello (w/ & w/o The Attractions)
-Jimi Hendrix

FOUR VOTES ("You like me!  You really like me!")
-Jethro Tull

FIVE VOTES (not quite enough fans to do stadium tours...)
-REM
-The Clash

SIX VOTES (been making music so long, they have to have a lot of fans...)
-The Rolling Stones
-Yes

SEVEN VOTES (close, but "Have A Cigar"...)
-Pink Floyd

EIGHT VOTES (rock pioneers only, please...)
-Eric Clapton
-The Kinks

NINE VOTES (well, Lennon said they were more popular than Christ...)
-The Beatles

AND YOUR WINNER...WITH TWELVE (12) VOTES...

*******Led Zeppelin*******

...that's a "Whole Lotta Votes"...

Well that about wraps this up.  If there's any true observations that can be
made here I think its this:  The Who's music can stand comfortably alongside
a wide variety of rock and roll bands and performers.  Be it classic rock,
Motown, new wave or alternative, The Who's sound and spirit fits in nicely
with all of them.  Perhaps that's why we love 'em so much...

In closing I know a lot of you expressed some discomfort in having to narrow
your selections down to just 3, and I can certainly agree with you there.
 I'm sure the numbers would've changed a lot, but again, I just wanted your
REAL favorites.  The ones you don't really have to think about.  Plus it
makes it easier for me to compile!...

Thanks again for your inputs.  I hope I generated some excitement and
discussion.

Dan Senesky
Oakland, CA