Re: Pate's stage equipment

Hey Dennis, re:

>>> A couple of recent posts got me curious about what Pete has used on tour
in the past,and although I can't immediately find the articles I'm looking
for, I did run across the November, 1977 issue of Guitar Player Magazine which
included a wonderful, full-blown technical feature on The Who's stage set-up
circa 1976-77.

>>> "Townshend has nine Les Paul Deluxes for road work. Alan Rogan keeps track
of them, sets them up for each performance, maintains them onstage, and
acquires new guitars as well. Pete selects six of the Les Pauls to be his main
performing guitars, and the others are backup instruments.

        Does the article go into why he numbered his guitars?

                gary m.