who humor; misunderstood lyrics; muzak

(This list has been busy!  I can't keep up with it and expect to hold
onto my job as well...hmmm, maybe I don't need this job.)

I was in my car this afternoon and heard the band "Bare Naked Ladies" playing
live on a local FM station.  I caught them in the middle of this song where
they sing the phrase "when I fall.."  quite frequently.  It seemed like the
obvious title of the song. As the song ended,the dialog went:

DJ:  "...and the name of that song would be...."When I Fall"?"

BNL guy:  "No, actually, it's 'Baba O'Riley".   The band laughed.

They played another song and said the name of it.  As this
one ended:

DJ:  "That was 'Won't Get Fooled Again' by the Bare Naked Ladies."

I laughed at that.

Re misunderstood lyrics:

Don't forget Springsteen's "Dead Devil In the Freezer" (Tenth
Avenue Freezeout) Really - listen to it some time.

Re muzak:

Bogie, you're right, "muzak" is actually the name of a company who creates
elevator music tapes of various types, usually with no vocals, and
frequently popular songs toned down to a level the lowest common
denominator can tolerate.

Over the years, I've used that term to describe any music played in the
background by some store who's trying to control my mood and thus my
spending habits.  So, in the grocery store, I tend to think of that stuff
as muzak.  However, i wasn't thinking of the number one single theory, which
you pointed out.  I wouldn't predict that happening, though.

I always wonder why it is that when music/artists that I like get wildly
popular, I kind of stop being so excited about them.  I must be a snob.
Luckily, I never thought the Who got wildly popular.  I'm one of those
"yeah, I liked their early stuff" kind of people.  One time a group of
us were sitting around thinking, hmmm, is there anyone who we can say
"yeah, I liked their later stuff" better....I think we only came up with
Pink Floyd.

Trish P.