Re: Re: Pete and Fuzz Boxes

I appreciate all the responses about Pete's gear. I regret that some people
seem to be rather perturbed that I disagree with them.  In any case, some
people have construed my comments to mean that HiWatts or Marshall amps won't
distort.  Of course they do, whether you have weak or strong pickups.  Of
course, the stronger the pickup the more distortion.  If you saw the show
TOMMY then you heard me and you know that I got plenty of distortion.

I am referring to one particular sound Pete gets during some solos on LAL and
Woodstock-not his overall sound.  James Coyle writes that he read that Pete
stepped on a DynaComp sometimes-that could do it!  And a modified amp
could-if one channel was fed into the other-but that couldn't couldn't be
cleaned up as nicely as Pete does.

Any more info about Pete's gear will be appreciated.

Scott Totten