Re: Pete and Fuzz Boxes

> Uh, I've got to dissent here.  I've played HiWatts, Marhalls, Fenders, Voxes,
> and many others, and no amp distorts as much as one can hear on LEEDS or
> WOODSTOCK.  Pete definitely knew how to control the gain on the HiWatt with
> his volume knob, but there are times when the distortion is wildly out of
> control and squealing and IMHO this is absolutely a pedal.  My guess would be
> a Fuzz Face which Hendrix was already using by this period.

Well, gee, I own a Hiwatt and modified it in a manner I believe similar to
Pete, and I assure you I can get as dirty a sound. I also manage to do this
without any external components.  Come on by and I'll fire it up for you....

I can make it squeal, burp, bitch, feedback, and whatever else I will it to..

As far as his later setups, forget about 'em...