Re: Pete and Fuzz Boxes

Uh, I've got to dissent here.  I've played HiWatts, Marhalls, Fenders, Voxes,
and many others, and no amp distorts as much as one can hear on LEEDS or
WOODSTOCK.  Pete definitely knew how to control the gain on the HiWatt with
his volume knob, but there are times when the distortion is wildly out of
control and squealing and IMHO this is absolutely a pedal.  My guess would be
a Fuzz Face which Hendrix was already using by this period.