West on BDYDI

Scott writes:
>Actually, I don't think that Leslie really adds anything to the song except
>a couple nice harmonics and a lot of boring rock leads in the blues scale.
>I find myself straining to hear what kind of interesting things Pete is
>playing.   It's ok once but I can't imagine having Leslie noodle any other
>Who song. Pete usually seems to play with the chord structure, not just over
>it.

Oh, don't get me wrong!  I can't imagine anybody else "noodling" (great term)
on any other existing Who material.  Pete is still the best person to play the
"leads" in the Who's material.  But I do enjoy the jam feel to BDYDI.  Having
another player seems to keep a bit of a lid on the boys; not something I like
to see too often, but once in awhile it's nice to see that they can keep a
solid groove going without exploding.  Goes to show that they were more than
exciting, they were/are pretty decent musicians.

>Anyway, the real amazing thing about this song is Keith Moon's playing.  He
>sounds like he could have easily joined James Brown's band at this point. Who
>knew he was so funky?

Yeah, Moon was great, but Rog sounds pheNOMenal on this cut.  The guy can really
belt out the R&B, eh?

OK,
KLW