Leslie West

> Actually, I don't think that Leslie really adds anything to the song except a
> couple nice harmonics and a lot of boring rock leads in the blues scale.  I
> find myself straining to hear what kind of interesting things Pete is
> playing.   It's ok once but I can't imagine having Leslie noodle any other
> Who song. Pete usually seems to play with the chord structure, not just over
> it.
> Anyway, the real amazing thing about this song is Keith Moon's playing.  He
> sounds like he could have easily joined James Brown's band at this point. Who
> knew he was so funky?

Coula things: Moons' drumming similar to Leaving Here, for intentional reasons...... on his part...
He knew how to gauge things when he wanted to...I thought he could put on his studio
drumming hat, i.e., really clean and simple, with a few flourishes here and there
(of course in a style all his own), or he could go all out, or he could go in between.

Leslie West's guitar playing, as I haven't heard the other tracks, has a richer, deeper sound
than Townshend's on this particular track, and it does sound like he's really really holding back,
anyhow... It adds but does not upstage on this particular track, I think...

jw