Re: Linda Perry/ covers/ DST

Owen opines:

>That's why I thought (and I think I'm alone here) that
>Lou Reed's "Now And Then" was a gem.

Whoa ... here's where I disagree; I didn't care for it at all.  I was
a little disappointed in Lou on DST and the Dylan tribute; both times
he had to refer to lyric and/or music sheets to sing/play the song.
Dylan's Foot of Pride I can understand ... lotsa lyrics.  But how much
time would it have taken to learn a fairly simple song like Now & Then?

That aside, Lou's spoken-verse readings on covers just don't do
much for me, although I love his VU & solo material.  I do whole-
heartedly agree that covers should attempt to be different than the
originals ... I *am* glad Lou didn't try to attempt Pete's falsetto on
the chorus!  :>

Rich
who, for the record, enjoyed Linda Perry's performance; quite
interesting to hear the song sung from a female perspective, too.

richl27314@aol.com
"everybody knows this is nowhere"  --  Neil Young
"power .. volume .. power .. volume" -- Pete Townshend