Re: The Who With Horns, Horrible

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Ian M. Derby wrote:

> The 1989 tour has some highlights, I think there was some passion
> back into their music.  Songs like "Substitute" and "I Can't
> Explain" were very solid.  This tour is only as bad as a contrived
> Rolling Stones tour.  You know what's coming but you like it> anyway.
I remember reading in a rock magazine in 1989 (Possibly Rolling Stone
with the BeeGee looking WHo cover,but I am not positive) that they
wanted to sound more like the original recordings when they were doing
the 25th anniversary shows. I am almost certain of reading this because
I remember telling my wife at the show that the end of Love reign O'er
Me ended with the horns sounding the way the original "Quad" LROM sounded.

To me, I thought that there was a carfull study of the original songs so
that they sounded live somewhat the way they sounded on record. So, this
is the reasoin that I think I can live with the horns.

Ok, so I'm a weirdo...Maybe I am fooling myself into thinking that as long
as they were active together and played the songs, I would always be happy.
So, maybe unconciously, I accepted them in any way they would perform.

Just my .06 cents (prices have gone up)

Pete