Re: Linda Perry/ covers/ DST

On 22 May 1995 OTG@csi.compuserve.com wrote:

> Date: 22 May 95 13:36:33 EDT
> From: OTG@csi.compuserve.com
> To: thewho@cisco.com
> Subject: Linda Perry/ covers/ DST
>
> Ian,
>
> Hey, I'm with you on the Linda Perry thing. Should covers differ from the
> original? Heck yes. That's why I thought (and I think I'm alone here) that
> Lou Reed's "Now And Then" was a gem.

Lou Reeds "Now And Then" was a total embarrasment toone of Petes nicest
songs , a song that was not even a year old yet and probably not as
familiar with the people that were in attendance. And Sinead! 'Nuff said.

I was looking for a good time to run down the Carnegie stairs to find the
Mens room, and when they came on and did that song, I knew I had my escape

God, it took me a couple of minutes of looking at each other, mouthing
"Wha??" to finally figure out what the hell they were even singing.

Of course, just like Dennis Miller, these are all my opinions, and I could
be DEAD wrong.....

Pete

PS:

I now like the Spin Doctors after seeing them at the DST show. What a
FRONT RUNNER I am!
Its like hating a player's guts till he gets traded to your team,then
hes GREAT! ;)