Re: Another obscure question for the right

Yes, Jeff and Owen, the single in question is "Peppermint Lump" by Angie. And
yes, it does SCREAM PT!!!

I was lucky enough to pick up the single at a recent Record Collectors' show.
And how lucky I was, for the song has an undeniable PT arrangement, complete
with classic PT backing vocals and some really great guitar work. I just love
the chorus "Now don't you worry, be happy, Peppermint Lump!!!!" I think the
"Don't Worry, Be Happy" was Pete's way of injecting some Meher Baba into this
project.

A few other notes:

1) The song was written by Jane Asher (possibly of ex-Paul McCartney fame?)
2) Another person on the picture sleeve is Billy Nichols.
3) The sleeve picture was taken right outside PT's Eel Pie Studios in
Twickenham, specifically on the back terrace, which overlooks the river Thames
(as well as PT's boat).

I'm so glad that Angie's 'Peppermint Lump" single was brought up on the
WHOlist: that song has been a favorite of mine since I first heard it.

Marty Secero