Re: psychoderelict

> >     Psychoderelict is fine if you have the time and patience to endure
> > incessant dialogue within an album.  But there is also a dialogue-less
> > version out there which would be more "radio-friendly."  Personally, I
> > prefer the dialogue version; radio can kiss my Keith Moon.
>
> Get the music only version, especially if you didn't like Iron Man.
> I think the music stands on it's own.

I posted on Psycohderelict before and nobody agreed with me, but I guess
that's OK.  I bought the dialog version, listened to it once, and sold it
back.  I then bought the music-only version, and IMO it's OK, but not among
Pete's best work.

The dialog version does tie the music nicely into the story, and the story
is somewhat interesting.  But it's not the kind of thing I could easily
listen to a lot of times, and not something I'd want to crank up in my car
while cuising down the highway.

The music-only version loses something without the story, because I don't
think the music holds up all that well.  There are a few fine songs, but an
awful lot of it is pretty ordinary stuff.  It seems many of the people on
this list find the music interesting, so I guess I'm in the minority.  But
for me, musically Pyschoderelict was very disappointing.

Dave Elliott