tommy

I don't think one should really compare the original Tommy recording to
the Broadway show recording....completely different, both musically and
spiritually.  About Roger holding back....if you listen to Roger's singing
from early 1964-ish to later material you will notice many changes in his
style, etc.  I think that the Who were in transition around 1968-69 when
Tommy was recorded so to say that he (or any of the members) were holding
back may not really be the case.  I guess what I am trying to say that it
is difficult to generalize these things....my $.02

John